Reports To: Vice President of Manufacturing
Plan, direct, and coordinate outside services, warehousing, distribution and forecasting. Manage shipping and receiving personnel and logistics related systems.
Essential Functions May Include:
Create and execute the master schedule using advanced planning and scheduling systems in Global Shop.
- Create and execute the master schedule using advanced planning and scheduling systems in Global Shop.
- Supervise shipping and receiving personnel in their daily work schedules.
- Issue raw material to work orders while maintaining lot integrity.
- Monitor and execute production schedule by insuring product moves from sequence to sequence to create an efficient and timely product flow.
- Verify counts, open NCMR’s and sign off each completed sequence before moving product to next operation.
- Coordinate schedule priorities with account managers and production managers.
- Attend weekly production meetings.
- Interface with all departments to help resolve any situations that could affect production and deliveries.
- Manage quarterly inventory and weekly cycle counts in all departments.
- Create and maintain policies or procedures (SWI’s) for shipping\ receiving department.
- Train shipping\ receiving department personnel in roles, procedures and responsibilities.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Analyze and recommend lot sizes based on the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, or carriers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or inventory activities.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. H. & S. Swansons’ Tool Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 5 years related manufacturing experience
- Computer capabilities
- Maintain forklift operator certification
- Must have basic understanding MS Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment
- Basic math
- Self motivated
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (N=Needed P=Preferred)