Position Objective: The Buyer is responsible for the purchasing of commodities, and the completion of assignments, utilizing basic purchasing principles and concepts. The Buyer ensures timely acquisition of products or services from approved sources of supply, via the use of requisitions, reports, and MRP generated data. Additionally, the Buyer may resolve issues in the area of requisition accuracy, on time delivery, and/or supplier invoice/payment.
Essential Functions May Include:
• Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing RFQ’s and submitting Purchase Orders to approved suppliers.
• Issues Purchase Orders that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
• Tracks and expedites orders
• Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
• Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items. Selects suppliers for lower cost items or items of limited scope and complexity, and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service.
• Monitors and evaluates supplier performance, and advises appropriate personnel of any impending supplier failure that may impact production or delivery.
• Participates in the resolution of damage claims, rejections, return of materials, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
• Complies with appropriate federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations.
• Special projects as assigned.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. H. & S. Swansons’ Tool Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• 4 years in experience purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
• Computer knowledge, ability to understand electronic processing, along with a working knowledge of MRP/ERP manufacturing support systems, typing and 10 key ability
• Experience with ISO, DFARS, NADCAP, and ITAR type regulations would be considered valuable, along with membership of an associated professional body
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attentive to detail a must
• Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to handle multiple tasks a must and responsibilities simultaneously
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Good math skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (N=Needed P=Preferred)
Sitting N Standing P Walking P Lifting P
Carrying P Kneeling P Pushing/Pulling P Bending/Stooping P
Climbing — Reaching P Crawling/Crouching — Repetitive Motion N