About the Job
We are looking for an experienced CNC Programmer, ideally experienced in estimating/quoting and developing processes for mill & lathes. This is a growing area of our business. Experience and expertise in programming and developing processes on simple to complex shaped, tight tolerance machined parts in various types of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Estimating/quoting for new work opportunities. Develop a strategy, get buy in from the team, and generate a comprehensive estimate to be used to build the final quote that we will present to the customer.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, creating programming geometry and tool paths using our available programming systems, and developing/specifying all support fixtures, tooling and gages required.
- Choose part holding methods, design in Solid Works required fixtures, ensuring the designs are assigned a part number & properly documented.
- Select appropriate cutting tools for the material being machined, including standard purchased tools or custom cutting tools providing purchasing the information required to procure and adequately stock the tools.
- Support Set-Up personnel with first time run parts through the manufacturing process to find and correct any errors or process inefficiencies before handing over to production personnel for operation.
- Work with Quality and other Engineering team members to determine inspection requirements and measurement methods.
- Communicate with Program Managers to clearly understand customer expectations.
- Monitors and improves manufacturing process capability and productivity.
- Responds to corrective action requests, as needed.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
High School Diploma
Minimum 5 years in the precision metal parts industry
Experience in CNC machine set-up and operation
Experience in creating estimates/quotes for CNC machining processes
Strong editing skills with a solid understanding of G and M codes
Excellent problem solving skills
Creative thinking in machining processes
Experience with fixturing and gauge design for machine tool applications and processes
Knowledgeable of all types of cutting tools
Reading and interpreting drawings
Proficient at measuring precision metal parts using various measurement devices
Experience with CAD\CAM Software: Esprit, SmartCAM, Solid Works or Pro-E
Proficiency with MS Office Software
Ability to read, write and speak English
Ability to program custom macro’s in Custom B or User Task II programming languages
Familiarity with MIL-Specs
Quality Systems (i.e. ISO9000, ISO13485, AS9100)
Six-sigma methodology implementation in the manufacturing industry
Lean manufacturing concepts and applications Email resume
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: CNC Programming: 3+ years
Required education: High school or equivalent
|Job Category||CNC Engineering / Programming|