Reports To: Production Supervisor
Position Objective: Responsible for maintaining machine set‑up and tooling to produce high quality close tolerance parts at an acceptable production rate.
Essential Functions May Include:
- Be able to call up programs from CNC system and perform necessary functions with the system
- Ability to read blueprints and understand common symbols
- Knowledge of programming codes, and machine control functions
- Knowledge of machine controls, program codes, fixtures and tool offsets, and CNC system
- Utilize all necessary gages and equipment to properly inspect parts
- Keep supervision, inspection personnel aware of conditions that may affect the efficiency, quality or completion of jobs.
- Understand and properly utilize all items included in TDP folders. (process sheets, set‑up sheets, prints, quality plans, etc.)
- Completion of all required documentation (SPC, time records, log books, travelers, process updates, discrepant part tags, etc.)
- Assist maintenance personnel in the troubleshooting and repair of the machine.
- Communicate with personnel from other shifts involved in the operation of the machine.
- Set‑up and operate secondary machines as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. H & S Swansons’ Tool Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-5yrs. CNC operation experience in a machine shop
- Computer knowledge
- Basic math
- Knowledge in use of various quality control gages
- Maintain acceptable quality and efficiency standards
- Self motivated
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (N=Needed P=Preferred)