Account Manager will be the main point of contact for customers, and must be proactive in researching and providing information to customers in a timely fashion. Must support the production planning & scheduling process by continuously monitoring the customer portals, and frequently communication with clients to ensure our team is aware of any changes to the delivery schedule. This position will demand heavy customer interaction electronically, over the phone, and in person and will require the ability to travel and communication outside regular business hours.
- Manages the flow of information to and from the customer by providing; Quotation Information, Lead-times, Product or Service Information, Technical Assistance, Inventory Reconciliation, etc.; Professionally interfaces with Internal Departments (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance) on behalf of customer to ensure order integrity and on-time delivery.
- Maintains timely flow of information to and from customer. Communicates and interfaces with customers and suppliers to resolve customer inquiries and help meet production objectives and delivery deadlines. Keeps customer advised of delays as required. Provides timely responses to customer emails and general inquiries. Acts as liaison between customer and internal departments to resolve technical data or specification issues.
- Accurately and efficiently processes customer transactions; RFQ’s, Orders, Schedule Changes, Engineering Changes, Inquiries and Proposals.
- Provides assistance to Accounts Receivable when billing or payment issues occur.
- Keeps detailed records of customer interactions and transactions, record details of inquiries, complaints and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Ability to monitor and track part deliveries on behalf of customers. This may include preparing customized status reports using MS Excel and Project.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. H. & S. Swansons’ Tool Company reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- Marketing or a Technical Discipline with three to five years of prior experience with aerospace or industrial component manufacturing industries (will consider individuals with significant OJT experience in lieu of a degree, who meet all other job criteria).
- Must have professional-level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the desire to provide the customer with a positive buying experience; This requires the ability to communicate in a positive manner with customers and visitors both in person and by telephone at all times, regardless of the situation.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to understand the work environment and processes utilized to make the customers products
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure and be a team player attitude; Works effectively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (N=Needed P=Preferred)
Sitting N Standing N Walking P Lifting P
Carrying N Kneeling — Pushing/Pulling P Bending/Stooping N
Climbing — Reaching P Crawling/Crouching — Repetitive Motion N